This article focuses on how to make an email newsletter successful says, William D King. It will be discussing the reasons why you should have one for your business in the first place, what makes a good email newsletter, and then some tips on how to create one that works well.
1) Emailing is cost-effective- it’s a cheap way of reaching out to your customer base compared to advertising with other platforms which are quite expensive.
2) Easy access- most people check their emails constantly so your information is readily available when they need it most.
3) You don’t have to compete with all of the ads being thrown at consumers which helps you get noticed more easily.
4) People appreciate updates from businesses they are interested in.
5) The average open rate for an email is around 20-30%.
6) It provides you with a chance to get back to customers that are unhappy or are not buying from you anymore which will help them get back on track with your services/products.
7) Allows you to build up a relationship with your client base so they become more loyal and feel more connected to your business says, William D King. The more personal the better!
8) Emailing allows you to sell anything at any time. William D King says you can have seasonal sales or even have special offers where only people who receive emails see what’s going on before it becomes public knowledge.
9) Emailing should be part of marketing strategy, being able to stay connected with your customers and is a way to keep their attention.
10) You need to give people a reason why they should be signing up for your newsletter and you can do this by offering them an incentive such as a discount, free gift, or special offer.
11) Stay consistent with the offer so clients know what they are going to receive in future emails (i.e if you start giving things away every time it could become old news quickly).
12) Having good content for your newsletters can determine how many of those people signing up actually read your emails and how often you will be able to contact them again.
13) Make sure that when creating content for your newsletter that it’s high quality and value. For example, if you are restaurant offer insights into what’s on the menu or things to do/see around your food establishment.
14) Include offers and discounts in your newsletters but make sure it is relevant to what they signed up for i.e don’t market offers for clothing lines when someone has subscribed to hear about news from a bakery. William D King says This can be annoying and will probably have them unsubscribe!
15) Every time you send out an email try and personalize it as much as possible so that people know that there is a real person behind the emails they receive. Make yourself known!
16) Always follow up on new leads so you can nurture prospective clients. Once again keep the content valuable!
17) Keep your emails short and direct. People want to read the important information and won’t bother with too much blabbing about nonsense.
18) Having a good layout/design for your newsletter is going to make it stand out more which is great if you are trying to catch people’s attention.
19) Include images of your products or places you visit in your content so people can get a better idea of what they are reading about. Make sure these images load quickly though! And also link them back to your product pages on your website! This way it will increase how many clicks through you receive which will hopefully lead to higher sales.
20) Incentives need to be something that makes sense, think of how your customers can benefit from these incentives.
21) Keep your subscribers updated with any new happenings or information by using segmentation to send out targeted newsletters that will be more relevant and stand out.
22) Don’t forget about the power of social media! You can include links in your newsletter that lead readers back to your social media pages where they can learn more about you, keep up with special offers, new products, etc.
23) Most importantly make sure you are sending regular emails (at least once a month). People like consistency and it shows you’re not just sending an email every now and again when it suits you best! Make them know what’s expected of them so they can look forward to receiving future updates.
24) Selling should not be the only reason you are sending out newsletters. Give your readers something to look forward to, inform them about new happenings in your business, and always stay personal!
William D King says that there are no set rules for what makes a good email newsletter. Just make sure you’re staying true to your audience and keeping it interesting. If the content is engaging then it will be an enjoyable experience for your subscribers and increase how many of them read future emails which is exactly what you want!